Thanks to our sponsors

Thanks to our sponsors

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

SPOTLIGHT ON: Graeme Hutcheon, Video Analyst

SPOTLIGHT ON: Graeme Hutcheon, Video Analyst
GRAEME Hutcheon spends his days filming the GB Handball Squad in action, so that the coaches can analyse every move they make.

The 26-year-old from Kilmarnock in Scotland is the official video analyst, producing training aids for the coaches and recording the progress of the team - something which has formed an important part of the team's build-up to the Four Nations Tournament.

"I'm really looking forward to the matches," he said. "We do a lot of work in training which is good, but it's great to get into competition. It's much more intense for me because I'm filming both games and then preparing it ready for the coaches to use the next day.

"But it's worthwhile when I can see them using my footage as a training aid. I definitely notice specific differences between training and competition."

Graeme, who studied sports science at university and worked with Cardiff City Football Club for a year during his masters degree, added: "Usually I'm around the centre line and high up, which is the best place to be to catch the action. Sometimes I go down on court to get a players' eye view, and there are benefits from being at eye level, but it's best to be high up."